Ask A Question  | Learn more about Australia

How can current holders of the temporary graduate visa apply for a visa extension if he graduated from a regional campus?

I heard about the recent changes to the 485 visa category, where international students graduating from universities in regional areas could apply for a second 485 visa after the first expires. Does this apply to current 485 visa holders who meet all the other requirements?

  • Australian Visa Options
    December 16, 2019

    No, you cannot be granted another 485 visa if you have already been granted a 485 as the primary visa holder. Eligible regional-based students who graduate from a regional campus of a university with higher education or postgraduate qualification, and who maintain ongoing residence while holding their first Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa, will be entitled to apply for an additional one-year Temporary Graduate Visa, from 2021.