Ask A Question  | Learn more about UAE

How can I get a UAE golden visa as a research scientist?

I am a professor in the engineering department of a university in China. Recently I heard that UAE has granted golden visas to a group of scientists. I would like to know the requirements and procedures of applying for this type of visa as an established scholar with a solid background in science.

  • March 01, 2020

    In 2019, the UAE implemented a new system for long-term residence visas. The new system enables foreigners to live, work and study in the UAE without the need of a national sponsor and with 100 percent ownership of their business on the UAE’s mainland. These visas will be issued for 5 or 10 years and will be renewed automatically. As I understand you are a professor at one of the universities in China. Based on that information the following category would suit you: Persons with specialized talents for a 10-year residence visa in the UAE. This includes specialized talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, as well as creative individuals in the field of culture and art. The visa advantage extends to the spouse and children. All categories are required to have a valid employment contract in a specialized field of priority in the UAE.