Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

Who should I notify about the renewal of my passport if my Golden Visa application is pending?

I just submitted my Golden Visa application about one month ago. Yesterday I lost my passport. I will have to get a new one. Who should I notify regarding this issue? All information on my application had my old passport.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    January 10, 2019

    The authorities receive the application file, then issue a confirmation (a temporary resident permit or blue card) that confirms the application has been submitted, provided that all the necessary documentation has been submitted with the application. This confirmation is valid for one year and it constitutes an evidencing document until the resident permit is issued. So you have to proceed to a new passport issuance. Thereafter, make contact with your lawyer in order to inform the competent authority regarding the new data of your passport in relation to the lost one and the issued temporary resident permit.

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    January 08, 2019

    Not a huge problem. You have to declare it to competent immigration office.

  • Hellenic Law Firm
    January 09, 2019

    You will have to notify the competent authority about the loss, the police department and then you have to reissue your resident permit with a lawyer.

  • Right Target Estate
    January 09, 2019

    You must inform your lawyer who submitted the application and he will take care of it.