Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

As a U.K. tier 1 investor, how can I get the indefinite leave to remain?

I have been a tier 1 investor for a few years, and want to get citizenship eventually. But how do I first get indefinite leave to remain status?

  • Global 4 Immigration
    June 23, 2019

    To obtain U.K. settlement (indefinite leave to remain) status all depends on your investment level. When you applied to enter or remain in the U.K. under tier 1 Investor visa route, you would have informed the Home Office how much you plan to invest. Settlement levels depends on whether you invested 2 million, 5 million or 10 million GBP and how you invested your money. You can apply for settlement visa after five years if you invested 2 million GBP, after three years if invested 5 million GBP or two years if invested 10 million GBP. You need to fully understand all the other immigration rules of U.K. settlement based on tier 1 investor route otherwise the application is likely to be refused.

  • OTS Solicitors Ltd
    June 18, 2019

    It depends on how much you’ve invested and more information is needed, but as a general rule, if you invested 2 million in the U.K. then as long as you meet the requirements of the investment, English language proficiency, a life in the U.K. test and abscences rule, you can get indefinite leave to remain in five years.