Ask A Question  | Learn more about Australia

Can I hire a management company to manage my business for my 188A visa?

I want to apply for Australia’s 188A business innovation and investment visa. I am worried that as a foreign investor, it might be hard for me to run a business successfully in Australia during the first several years. I wonder if it is possible to hire a management company to help me run the business.

  • Quentin Kuo Law + Immigration
    June 21, 2019

    Of course you can hire a management company! In fact, many companies have outsourced management duties and it is not uncommon to appoint extra directors. However, your eventual Australian business and balance sheet must be healthy enough to allow external management.

  • Regis Legal
    June 17, 2019

    It is not advisable to hire a management company to run your business for 188A, as you are supposed to show your direct management and involvement of the business you are setting up/buying over in Australia. You can hire local management staff, specialists or consultants with the expertise your type of business to help support you in your management role. When you set up your business here, look for a good accountant, lawyer and support staff to ensure you have good ground support in your new organization. Sometimes, when you takeover an existing business, the old owner may also volunteer to be a consultant for your ongoing operations and help you with your business.