Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

I found a mistake on my U.K. tier 1 investor application. How can I correct it?

I submitted my tier 1 application form but then realized that I filled out my details instead of my wife’s, who is the main applicant. I want to make sure I can correct the mistake before it is processed. What is the best way to go about doing that?

  • OTS Solicitors Ltd
    June 14, 2018

    You may have to withdraw the application and re-submit it, as the main applicant details have to be correct upon submission. It is best to contact the Home Office with the GWF number you would have for the application.

  • Migra&Co
    June 14, 2018

    If you have submitted the online application form and it is a minor mistake, then you may be able to amend it by hand and sign next to the amendments. However, in your case, it is likely that you will have to request a refund of the application that has been submitted and draft a new one. It is advisable to seek assistance from a professional so there will be no hassle when preparing for an application.

  • People Force International Limited
    June 18, 2018

    If the application has been submitted with the incorrect personal details of the main applicant, then this should be withdrawn and a new application submitted with the correct details.

  • Fragomen LLP
    October 19, 2018

    How to deal with this issue will depend on whether you have already submitted your supporting documents to the visa application center to be processed. If this is the case, then it will be difficult to correct the mistake. You may wish to write to the visa application center to explain the mistake and request that your letter is sent to the Home Office caseworker who is considering your application. There is no guarantee, however, that they will accept the change if the application has already been submitted. If you have not yet attended your appointment to submit your documents, the online application form can be withdrawn and a refund requested. You can then resubmit the application form with the correct details.