Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

Do EU citizens need to apply for tier 1 visa to live in the U.K.?

I am a Greek citizen and I want to relocate to the U.K. When the U.K. officially leaves EU, do I need to participate in the tier 1 visa program to get a resident permit in the U.K.? Are there any exceptions for EU citizens after Brexit?

  • Sterling Law
    July 18, 2019

    The tier 1 visa is a visa for those outside the EU/EEA countries who would like to come to the U.K. in order to start a business activity. Currently, European nationals who would like to come to the U.K. should apply for settled/pre-settled status in the U.K., depending on how long they have been in the country for. It is not clear what the immigration rules will look like after Brexit.