Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

How can foreigners on visitor status in Canada apply for residency-by-investment?

I'm a foreigner currently in Canada on a visit visa status; I had come to visit family and explore some business opportunities and now I'm thinking about staying by applying for residency-by-investment status. Would I have to leave the country first? What are my options given that I'm in Quebec where investor program has been suspended?

  • JTH Lawyers Inc.
    May 13, 2021

    You don't have to leave Canada to apply for permanent residency, it's just not an issue at all. Since you are in Quebec, have an appointment with a local immigration lawyer and review your options: there are several ones.