Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I add an adopted child to my Golden Visa?

I recently adopted a child from India and want to add her to my Golden Visa application, which has already been submitted. How can I do this? Is my child an eligible dependent?

  • Right Target Estate
    February 11, 2019

    Yes, as long as the adoption process is legal and you can submit the relevant documents translated and apostilled, it is accepted.

  • Dimitra Mella & Partners
    February 26, 2019

    Yes, your child is an eligible dependent, provided that the adoption has been legally concluded. You will have to file a new application with the competent Greek authority for the issuance of a Golden Visa for your adopted child. To this effect, you need to submit an updated family status certificate in which your adopted child will be included, plus, of course, all the other required documents. Please note that your adopted child needs to be under 21 years of age, as it is the case with every investor’s children.

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    February 09, 2019

    Yes, you can add the child. You should have the official papers of adoption translated in English and certified by the Greek embassy.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    February 09, 2019

    According to the immigration law in force, third-country citizens who are beneficiaries for Golden visa as property owners can be accompanied by their family members, who will be granted the permanent residence permit too. As family members are considered: spouses; the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement in Greece; the direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21; the direct unmarried descendants of the investor or of the other spouse/partner, provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under 21 years of age, and the adopted children under the legal process as well; the direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line. These family members are issued a resident permit of the same duration as the applicant, but this permit does not include access to employment. The children of the applicant, who have been originally admitted to the country under the terms and requirements of resident permit for property owners, are issued with a resident permit for family reunification until the age of 21. After that, it is possible to acquire a renewal as an independent residence permit until they reach the age of 24 and then it is possible to renew it further according to pertinent immigration legislation. Yes, your child is eligible, if the adoption has been concluded under the legal required procedure and the related application can be submitted accordingly.