Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I add my mentally ill adult son to my Greek Golden Visa application?

I want to apply for a Golden Visa in Greece. My 25-year-old child is unmarried and suffers from a mental illness. He is financially and emotionally dependent on me. How can I include him in my Golden Visa application? I understand that the age limit for a dependent child is 24 years old, but I am wondering if there are any exceptions to the rule?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    December 02, 2018

    According to the law, family members of third-country citizens entering the country are: spouses; the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement in Greece; the direct unmarried descendants of the spouses, who are under the age of 21; the direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line. According to the above, there is no exemption for children above 24 years old, but your adult son could be the investor and property owner, and his parents could be granted resident permits as direct family through him.

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    November 30, 2018

    You cannot add your son as dependent family member, but you can choose to be the main applicant, which means that your son will be the owner of the house and thus the main applicant for Golden Visa. He will add you as family member to get also the resident permit.