Ask A Question  | Learn more about Grenada

How can I change my application and get a part of my donation back for Grenada's CBI program?

I donated $200,000 to Grenada's National Transformation Fund and submitted citizenship applications for me and my wife. However, my wife doesn't want to change her original citizenship. I understand that for a single applicant, only a donation of $150,000 is needed. If she withdraws her application now, do we get any refund?

  • Zenship Inc.
    July 15, 2020

    I suggest that your local agent contacts the CBI Unit to discuss whether this is possible, given the stage of the application. You will not be refunded any of the submission fees depending on the stage of the application as your wife will then be treated as a non-applicant spouse and the submissions fees are charged for non-applicant spouses, but you may be allowed to only pay the investment sum of a single application if the application of your wife is withdrawn.

  • Zenship Inc.
    March 31, 2020

    I believe this will depend on the stage of your application. If your application has already been processed to approval and the investment made, it is unlikely that you will be able to obtain a refund on the basis stated.

  • March 31, 2020

    Obviously, the first point is that your wife doesn't have to change her citizenship rather she is gaining another one. The answer depends a lot on when the application was submitted, you would be best asking your Approved Marketing Agent to refer to the Local Agent that submitted and make a specific request. Situations like this are treated on a case by case basis but I do not know of anyone successfully withdrawing a dependant.