Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

How can I enroll my children in a public school in a province other than the one I invested in as a participant of the provincial nominee program of Canada?

I understand that once nominated by a province of Canada as a candidate for its provincial nominee program, a foreign investor has to fulfill the planned business within this province and keep permanent residency there. I want to know if it is possible to enroll my children in public schools in another province while enjoying the benefit of tuition deduction. If not, will my children be treated as an international student and pay higher tuition?

  • Favreau Law Firm
    April 01, 2020

    If you have a work permit, you need to apply for an open study permit as your dependent and he will be considered as local for public school.