Ask A Question  | Learn more about Malta

How can I notarize the translated documents for my Malta Individual Investor Program?

Some of the necessary documents I obtained to support my application for the Malta Individual Investor Program are in Mandarin Chinese, and I translated them into English. Do I need to have someone notarize these documents before I can submit them?

  • May 09, 2019

    If the translation has been conducted abroad, the signature of the translator must be legalized or apostilled accordingly. This therefore entails the fact that if the translation of the documentation in question has been prepared in China (not a signatory to the Hague Convention), the signature of the translator must be legalized through the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs and counter-legalized by the Maltese embassy/consulate in China. If the documents were translated by Chinese notaries, the same procedure still applies.

  • BIZ Consult Limited
    May 08, 2019

    Any document(s) that are not in the English language (including certifications or stamps) must be accompanied by an official translation into English. Translations must be prepared by a professional translator (officially accredited by a court of law), a government agency, an international organization or a similar official institution. If the translation is prepared in a country where there are no officially accredited translators, the translation must be prepared by a company whose sole or main business is doing professional translations. The translation must be signed by at least one authorized signatory of the translating company. The translator should include, in a clear and legible format, the date, their full name, capacity and designation in which they are acting, residential or business address, telephone number and email address/website. In case of translating agencies, letter-headed paper should be utilized, thus providing all details relevant to the firm who produced the translation.