Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

How can I prove my net worth for my application for an investor visa in Canada?

If I start the application as the principal applicant and my wife as my dependent, can the required net worth be fulfilled by assets jointly owned by us? Should my wife transfer her part under my name?

  • JTH Lawyers Inc.
    June 18, 2020

    If you are referring to the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, the answer is that your assets can be either yours alone or jointly between you and your wife. Before considering transferring any asset, the best is to seek advice on your particular situation. As you may know or not, QIIP is suspended at best until April 1, 2021, and there could be alternative solutions depending on what you intend to do in Canada and the purpose of this investor scheme for you.

  • Favreau Law Firm
    June 18, 2020

    For the QIIP, the net assets requirements is for the couple. Therefore, any money on your name or her name can be counted.