Ask A Question  | Learn more about Italy

How can I renew my residence permit if I hold an Italy investor visa obtained through bound investment?

I obtained my investor visa last year through a bond investment with a holding period of two years. I will need to apply to renew my permit next year. I learned that one requirement for renewal is to prove that the investment is still in place. How can I provide evidence of this if my bond investment already matures?

  • Mazzeschi Srl
    November 08, 2019

    The Ministry's guidelines indicate for the renewal of the permit in case of purchase of government bonds the following documents must be submitted: Bank documentation certifying the purchase (copy of securities dossier), with an indication of the type, issue date and maturity date of the securities; a certificate of deposit of securities at a financial intermediary domiciled in Italy. If your bonds have matured, I think you should submit to the Ministry's committee an undertaking that you will renew it or the actual renewal of the investment.

  • LCA Studio Legale
    November 07, 2019

    In order to obtain the renewal of the investor visa, the holder must maintain the original investment. The holder shall, therefore, provide proof of the fact that the investment originally made has not been dismissed, even partially. In light of this, if the bond investment has already matured and is dismissed by the investor visa holder, he/she will not be able to provide proof of the fact that the investment has been duly maintained and therefore the renewal application could be rejected.