Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

How can I transfer from student status to a self-employed person in Canada?

I will graduate from a Canadian college next year and want to keep living here. I study animation and plan to work as a freelancer after graduation. I was told that it is possible to obtain Canadian resident permit as a self-employed person in arts and athletics. I think I might qualify. How can I transfer my status? What are the procedures?

  • Green and Spiegel LLP
    September 03, 2019

    You don’t need to yet. You should apply for a postgraduate work permit.