Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

How can my wife legally work as a dental hygienist under the tier 1 investor visa?

My family is planning to invest in the tier 1 investor U.K. visa program. My wife works as a registered dental hygienist in our home country. We understand that according to the home office, investors cannot work as doctors or dentist under this kind of visa. We are wondering if dental hygienist falls under this category. In my home country, a dental hygienist certificate is more like an occupational certificate and it requires less education than dentists.

  • People Force International Limited
    August 28, 2018

    She can work in that capacity if any of the following apply: She has a primary degree at bachelor's level or above in medicine or dentistry from a U.K. institution that holds a tier 4 sponsor license or is a U.K.-recognized or listed body. She worked as a doctor or dentist in training the last time she was in the U.K. Neither of those conditions were part of the terms and conditions on a previous visa. If she simply applies as the dependent of an investor, she can work.