Ask A Question  | Learn more about Malta

How can I add my wife's son to my Maltese Residency & Visa Program?

My family is considering moving to Malta through the Maltese Residency & Visa Program. My wife shares custody of her son with her ex-husband. We would like to include him (my stepson) in the application, and I will be the primary applicant. Will he be considered my dependent? Do we need consent from his biological father in order to do so?

  • Grant Thornton
    September 01, 2018

    It is possible to include your stepson. Consent of his father will be required.

  • September 01, 2018

    Your wife’s son can be added to your application for the MRVP. Regarding his consent, who has legal custody of the child? In the case where the divorced partner has sole legal custody, the main applicant can include the child as his/her dependent if the divorced partner signs Form MRVP4.

  • September 03, 2018

    Since your wife shares legal custody of the child, there will be the need to obtain the signature of the biological father and a particular form, plus a copy of his passport.

  • BIZ Consult Limited
    September 12, 2018

    Yes, you can add your wife's son to you MRVP application. You will need the consent of his biological father certified by the notary with the certified true copy of a passport data page attached. Also, the biological father must sign the Form-MRVP4 - Dependant Declaration. Additionally, you can be required to submit an affidavit of support of your wife’s son and irrevocable authorization letters from your wife and the father of the boy that they authorize you to apply for MRVP on their son’s behalf and irrevocably authorize you to sign any forms and documentation required to this effect.