Ask A Question  | Learn more about Australia

Is my spouse eligible to work if she comes with me to Australia under a 188 visa?

If I am granted an Australian 188 visa and bring my spouse to the country, is she eligible to work for any employers? Will she need to apply for a separate work permit? If so, what are the procedures?

  • Quentin Kuo Law + Immigration
    November 28, 2018

    This may depend on the stream of 188 you apply for and the final grant of visa. Say you are granted a 188A visa, you are expected to meet further turnover requirements to achieve PR (888) application. You may only have the time and effort to maintain your main business.

  • Julian-Armitage Migration Lawyers (JAM)
    November 28, 2018

    Yes, she can work if she is a secondary applicant.

  • Global MigrationSolutions
    November 27, 2018

    The 188 visa provides the right for the entire family to live, work and study in Australia, which includes the spouse as well.