Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

Is there a Greek network seeking capital that can help me and my family obtain Golden Visas?

I am curious if I can obtain Greek residency through an investment structure, something similar to the U.S. EB-5 regional centers, without buying a property. You can get a visa with a qualifying strategic business investment, right? Can I join someone else’s business? Where do I find people who need investors?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    March 09, 2019

    Greece has set up a flexible and fast procedure for non-EU/ EEA foreign investors who wish to obtain a resident permit for the purpose of investment activity in Greece, according to article 16 of Greek immigration law 4251/2014. The legal framework does not set specific limits regarding the total cost of the investment project. However, an investor applying for a resident permit under this program should contribute to the investment with an amount of at least 250,000 euros, available through his/her own funds. There are no restrictions regarding the sector of activity or the location of the investment project. The requirement that must be met by the investment is to have positive impact on national development and the economy. Investment activity may be implemented through the construction of new facilities (greenfield investments), business acquisitions, or restructuring or expansion of current activities (brownfield investments). Factors taken into account for assessing the impact on national development and the economy are job creation, promotion of domestic resources and vertical integration of domestic production, export orientation, innovation and adoption of new technology. In addition, the investors may be accompanied by their family members - spouse, unmarried children up to the age of 21, and the first-degree ascendants of the spouses - who are also beneficiaries of the right to enter and obtain a resident permit. According to the above, you could join to an investment project, eligible to be approved, with a participation of 250,000 euros minimum and obtain a permanent resident permit for investment activity. In order to find such projects or companies you should reach out to an investment consultancy company.

  • Aggeliki G. Androutsou
    March 14, 2019

    The law that gives the right to buy bonds or be corporate shareholders has not yet been voted on.