Ask A Question  | Learn more about Portugal

What are my options to stay in Portugal after graduation?

I am currently in Portugal with a student visa. What are my options after graduation from college in order to keep living in Portugal?

  • Ei Imigrante
    April 24, 2020

    It will depend on the type of visa you currently have. However, if you have a residency visa for studying purposes (not a short term student visa), after graduation you may stay up to one year more, under the assumption that you are trying to find a job in the same area of the studies you have concluded. After that, if you are not employed, unfortunately, your residence permit will, most likely, not be renewed.

  • Lamares, Capela & Associados, Sociedade de Advogados, SP, Rl
    April 13, 2020

    After graduation, you can apply for a residence permit, which will be valid for one year, during which you can try to find a job or create your own company in Portugal compatible with your qualifications.