Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

What options do I have if my tier 1 investor visa for U.K. residency is rejected?

I was gifted all the funds for my investment by my parents, since I hope to stay in the United Kingdom after I finish university in two years and work there. I am currently in London on a student visa. What alternatives do I have if my tier 1 investor visa is rejected?

  • OTS Solicitors Ltd
    July 07, 2018

    The options are a possible challenge against the refusal if there are merits to do so. Otherwise, you could consider a tier 1 entrepreneur visa, which requires £200,000 investment into a new or existing business. You will require a business plan for the application. If successful, you will be given a three-year visa. Within that time, you will need to employ at least two new full-time employees who are settled in the UK or are British citizens in order to get an extension of your visa. Another alternative is a graduate entrepreneur visa, which requires your university to endorse your business idea and you will need to have a business plan in place. This is a very basic overview of the options, but there are other visa possibilities too, although much of it depends on your circumstances and further instructions will be needed.

  • Migra&Co
    July 12, 2018

    The Tier 1 Investor Scheme is one of the most straightforward visa categories in the UK. Your application is unlikely to be unsuccessful if it is taken care of by a professional immigration consultant. You may actually make the application now depending on your subject in the university as you are allowed to study in the UK under the Tier 1 Investor route. The earlier you enter this category, the earlier you can settle in the UK. If the application were to fail, depending on how much time is left on your current visa, you may have options of Tier 1 Entrepreneur, Tier 2 General, or a spouse visa (if you were to be in a relationship with a settled person in the future).