Ask A Question  | Learn more about Grenada

What documents do I need to provide for my CBI application in Grenada if I obtained the investment funds through a divorce settlement?

I got divorced last year and obtained enough money from my ex-husband to support my application for the Grenadian CBI program. Do I need to provide evidence on how he got the money when I prepare my sources of funds documents?

  • Zenship Inc.
    July 15, 2020

    You must provide your source of the funds as this is very important to the CBI Committee in recommending approval of your application. You will need to provide evidence of your divorce certificate/order, details of your divorce settlement, and payment of the sum into your account from your ex-husband. If you are able to provide evidence of the source of your ex-husband this will assist greatly in satisfying the strict source of funds requirement.

  • June 02, 2020

    You will need the final divorce decree from the court. if the settlement was through a court process, you need the court ruling that determines the settlement and amount. if it was through a private agreement between the parties, then provide such documents. If possible, you can actually provide information on how your ex-husband came about the money for the divorce settlement pay off. It certainly would not hurt to obtain that and can avoid any possible queries from both the bank and CBI Unit during due diligence.