Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

What documents do I need to provide to prove the source of funds if I haven’t had access to the investment money for two years?

Under the new rules of Tier 1 Investor visa of the U.K., investors are required to prove that they have had control over the investment funds for at least two years prior to the submission of their applications. Is there a way to get around this requirement? If so, what documents do I need to provide to prove the source of funds?

  • Global 4 Immigration
    January 22, 2020

    If you have not held the investment funds for two years, you will have to provide evidence of the source of funds. Where did the funds originate from? The Home Office will contact the person or organization to verify where the funds came from and whether it is genuine. If the funds were a gift, you need to get a legalized gift letter. If the funds are from the sales of assets, like a company or property, you will have to provide evidence that you originally owned that asset and the sales of the asset were correctly and legally processed. These are the classic ways investors generally demonstrate the route to their investment: * gift; * deeds of sale; * evidence from a business; * will; * divorce settlement; or * award or winning Documents to provide will all depend how you demonstrate source of funds.

  • January 20, 2020

    You must provide a letter to prove you have an account at a U.K. regulated bank to use for your investment funds. The letter must have been issued by an authorized official and dated within 3 months of your application printed on the official headed paper of the bank. It should also state your name and account number and confirm you’ve opened an account with the bank in order to invest 2,000,000 euros.The bank should be regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to confirm checks for money-laundering have been carried out. You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.