Ask A Question  | Learn more about Antigua & Barbuda

How can I prove that my 19-year-old son is supported by me under the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program?

I am considering the Antigua and Barbuda CBI program and want to add my 19-year-old son to my application. He is attending a language school in Germany and, upon completion, will apply for a German college as a full-time student. I was informed that a dependent child over 18 years old will have to be a full-time student at a recognized institution of higher learning and must be supported by the main applicant. Is there a list where I can check if the language school my son currently attends is a "recognized" institution? What documents do I need to provide as evidence that he is fully supported by me?

  • Grant Thornton
    June 21, 2018

    Based on our recent experience, a language school will not be "recognized" as an institution of higher learning. However, when your son goes on to college as a full-time student, then he should be fine. In terms of proving dependence, proof of your son's enrolment at a full-time tertiary college is usually sufficient.