Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

What is the best route for an international student to obtain Canadian permanent residency?

I am an international student in Canada. I will graduate next year and want to live in Canada after graduation. I do not have the financial ability to apply for those provincial residency-by-investment programs. I am wondering if there are any other routes for a new graduate like me to obtain Canadian permanent residency?

  • Favreau Law Firm
    January 09, 2019

    You can explore the express entry route. You would get additional points for study in Canada. If you work also after your study in Canada, it would give you additional points.

  • JTH Lawyers Inc.
    January 09, 2019

    If you are below 22 at time of application, you can be included in your parents application under, for example, the Quebec Immigrant Investor program. Otherwise, and this can be done concurrently, depending on the province where you study, there would be an alternative to get a work permit leading eventually to permanent residency.