Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

What is the process of transferring properties and reapplying for a resident permit?

When we applied for the Greek Golden Visa program, we did not know about the 21-year-old age limit of dependent children. My son was added to the application as a dependent. Now he is turning 24 years old and is about to lose his permit. I am considering transferring the property we purchased under his name and applying for a Golden Visa again as his dependent parent. What is the process? Do I have to leave Greece and come back again with the visa? How long does it take?

  • Synergia Technical and Consulting SA
    November 08, 2018

    Your decision to transfer your property to your 24-year-old son is the most indicated solution in order for your son to keep the resident permit as main applicant and his parents be granted for resident permits as his family members. If you coordinate with your lawyer, the process of transferring the property and at the same time asking for an appointment with the competent authorities for the submission of the necessary documents, there is no need to leave the country. Besides, upon submission of the related documentation, the temporary resident permit is issued on behalf of the applicants.

  • Right Target Estate
    November 08, 2018

    You need to check with your notary timewise, how much time he or she needs for the transfer and also which documents. Other than that, the resident permit takes the usual time, which means from two weeks to six months, depending on which authority is in charge in your geographical area.