Ask A Question  | Learn more about United Kingdom

What options do I have to transfer from a student visa holder to a permanent resident of U.K.?

I am an international student in the U.K. I will graduate next year and want to live in the U.K. after graduation. I do not have the financial ability to apply for the investment immigration program. I am wondering if there are any other routes for a new graduate like me to obtain permanent residency in the U.K.?

  • OTS Solicitors Ltd
    January 18, 2019

    If you find a job you can switch into the tier 2 visa and this can lead to permanent residency. This is provided your employers are registered with a sponsorship licence from the Home Office and you are applying for a skilled job under NQF level 6, which is for graduate level jobs and above. Also, if you are in a relationship then a switch into a partner route may also be an option.

  • Top Immigration Services
    January 18, 2019

    You can switch to a tier 1 or tier 2 visa category .