Ask A Question  | Learn more about Canada

What should I be careful about with my QIIP application at the federal processing stage?

I just received my application for the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program approved by the Quebec government. I understand that the case will be handed to the federal government for review before it is closed. I am wondering what I should pay attention to in order not to put my case at risk during this stage.

  • JTH Lawyers Inc.
    February 22, 2019

    There is not much to worry about. Since you have your Quebec approval, you now have a 98 percent chance to get PR. The 2 percent refusals are about 50/50, either for security reasons (a criminal record) or health reasons (if you or your dependents are a significant burden on the free health care system). Our advice? No false, misleading, incomplete declaration. Just prepare your future life in the Quebec province. Welcome (in advance)! We look forward to having you as our new neighbor.

  • Favreau Law Firm
    February 22, 2019

    For the federal stage, the most difficult part is the waiting time. Be sure to disclose all activities in imm5669. Congratulations on your CSQ and good luck for the federal.