Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

Can I change my visa status to be a dependent of a Greek Golden Visa applicant?

I am a student in Greece who will be graduating soon. My uncle is in the process of getting a Greek Golden Visa through the real estate purchase option. How can I get added to his application and stay in the country through his visa? Can I become his child dependent because he is family?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    July 17, 2019

    Family members of a property investor entitled for Golden Visa benefits are considered the following: spouses; the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a co-habitation agreement in Greece; the direct unmarried descendants of the spouses who are under the age of 21; the unmarried children of the supporter or of the other spouse/partner, provided that their custody has been legally entrusted to the sponsor (for his/her children) and to the other partner (for his/her children), under 21 years of age; the direct relatives of the spouses in the ascending line. Your case is not eligible through your uncle’s application, but you may search the options that your student status give you according to the Greek law.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    July 16, 2019

    Your uncle's family members can enjoy Golden Visa benefits, since the spouse, children under 18 years of age, as well older financially dependent children under 23 years of age, and parents or grandparents may be listed in his application. Unfortunately, you need to apply independently for getting a Greek Golden visa.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    July 16, 2019

    Please be aware that only minor children and the husband or wife may considered as a dependent of a Greek Golden Visa applicant, so as a nephew you may not be considered as dependent.