Ask A Question  | Learn more about New Zealand

How can I get a waiver for the required proof of English language proficiency for the investor 2 visa of New Zealand?

How does the immigration authorities in New Zealand decide who needs to provide proof of English language proficiency for its investor 2 visa? Although I was born and raised in South Korea, my mother is a British and English is my mother tongue. When I apply for this type of visa, can I also apply for a waiver for this? It doesn’t make any sense to me to pay for and take the IELTS test.

  • Global Immigration Services NZ
    October 31, 2019

    English is a requirement. Therefore there will not be a waiver. An English test is required.

  • November 06, 2019

    It is possible to provide evidence of an English speaking background with the application, but this is mostly focused on having completed your education in English. Other factors are taken into account as well, but in my experience, it is easier and faster to just take the English language proficiency test and avoid the whole discussion on whether or not you speak English fluently.