Ask A Question  | Learn more about Netherlands

How can I hire non-EU citizens to work for my company in the Netherlands?

I obtained my permanent residency in the Netherlands through an investment I made two years ago. I would like to hire my cousin, who is an Indian citizen studying in the U.K. for my business. What is the process? How long does it take?

  • Delissen Martens
    May 05, 2020

    You could employ your cousin under the 'orientation year program', provided that he has graduated at one of the top 200 ranked educational institutions from the following: Times Higher Education World University Rankings, QS World University Rankings, or Academic Ranking of World Universities. Subsequently, within the orientation year, he could be employed under the 'highly skilled migrant scheme', provided that your enterprise has been accepted as a recognized sponsor by the Dutch immigration authorities (IND). Alternatively, he could be employed under the 'EU Blue Card' scheme, although much higher salary standards would then apply. Under the EU Blue Card scheme, sponsor recognition is not required. The 2020 salary rates required also vary based on the different residency options.