Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I transfer the Greek Golden Visa to my son if I choose the bond investment option?

I was told that when my son reaches a certain age, he would lose his Golden Visa eligibility as my dependent. My agent said if I choose to invest in real estate, it is possible to transfer the property under my son’s name for him to re-apply. What if I choose to participate in the program through the bond investment option? How does the investment transfer work?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    May 13, 2020

    Children of third-country nationals, who have been admitted to Greece under the terms and requirements of residence permit for investment activity, are granted a residence permit for family reunification until the age of 21. After that, they are entitled to renewal as a three-year independent residence permit until they reach the age of 24, without any additional requirement and then it is possible to renew it further according to pertinent immigration legislation. The option of bond investment transfer to your son’s name as the main investor of course it works and without remarkable expenses.

  • VV Legal
    May 14, 2020

    It is true that if you choose to invest in real estate, it is possible to sell the property to your child in order for him to re-apply as the main applicant, while at the same time you can apply as a dependent applicant. If you choose to participate in the program through the bond investment there is not a relevant procedure in the Greek immigration policy to transfer this investment to your child in order to re-apply. However, due to the nature of the bond investment, the best way is not to proceed to the renewal of the bond investment after the initial period, take your investment back and ask your child to proceed to the relevant bond investment by himself.

  • Foutsis & Partners Law Firm
    May 14, 2020

    Your children get full residence until 21 years old. Afterward, they can renew themselves for 3 more years. It is true that you may give the property to your son. As far as the bond investment option there is no ruling yet about this aspect. But you may liquidate the investment and transfer it to your son.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    May 13, 2020

    The bond investment option comparing to real estate option the owner of the investment has to transfer his business to his child in order both to have the benefits of Greek golden visas.