Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I use gifted money for my Greek Golden Visa application?

Can my parents gift me money for me to purchase real estate in Greece for a Golden Visa? In this case, how and what documents should I provide to prove the legal source of funds for my application?

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    January 23, 2020

    Gifted money given from parents is still income from abroad., In that case, the applicant could produce the amount of money needed for his purchase and there is no reason to prove the legal source of funds as far as his application is concerned.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    January 22, 2020

    It is accepted that the payment of the property acquisition be concluded by a spouse and/or by blood or affinity relatives up to the second degree of the purchaser. The buyer's spousal relationship or relationship with any third party payer must be duly registered and submitted by a buyer’s declaration in front of the notary upon contract signature. In your case, it is very clear and it is completely legal that your parents cover the amount of the purchase on behalf of you. Your birth certificate would be very helpful to prove their relationship with you.