Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I withdraw my Greek Golden Visa application?

I purchased a house in Athens three months ago and submitted my Golden Visa application. The case is still pending. Due to personal reasons, I need to sell the property and get my money back. I understand this will make me ineligible for the Golden Visa program. I want to withdraw my application. How can I do this? How long does it take to process?

  • Dimitra Mella & Partners
    October 01, 2019

    You should proceed to the selling of your property and along with this procedure, you (or your lawyer) should also notify the competent Greek authority (Aliens and Migration Office) that you are not interested anymore in obtaining the Greek resident permit. If the resident permit has already been issued, you should notify them in order for it to be revoked.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    May 15, 2019

    In case you need to withdraw this, you don’t need to attend to the appointment set when you made the petition at the competent office and your petition will not be examined. Alternatively, you may provide a written declaration for that at the same date of appointment.

  • Right Target Estate
    May 15, 2019

    You lawyer just needs to inform the authorities and cancel the appointment and the procedure.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    May 16, 2019

    In case you found the buyer of your property, proceed in selling it and only afterwards can you withdraw your application for a Golden Visa. That action will take no time.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    May 16, 2019

    For the described situation you have two options. One, since you had already proceeded accordingly with your application submission under the condition that you had the property in your ownership at the time of the appointment, you take your time to sell the property, independently the status of your application. At the time you had concluded with the sale, your lawyer informs the authorities accordingly for the new status, you deliver either the temporary resident permit or the residence permit card, if already issued and lose your Golden Visa. Second, alternatively, your lawyer informs now the authority, in accordance with the requested legal procedure that you are not interested to proceed in the submitted application, due to your intention to sell the property, and the file is closed.