Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How long does it take to transfer my property to my son and re-apply for a Golden Visa?

Several years ago, I obtained my Golden Visa with a real estate investment in Athens. My son will turn 21 soon and I want to transfer the property under his name so he can keep his Golden Visa. Meanwhile, I would like to keep my status as well. How long does this process take?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    March 02, 2020

    This procedure has some steps which have to be carefully followed with your lawyer’s support and assistance. The transaction of the property to your son’s name and the related registration will take no longer than two months. Please be advised that following a recent legal amendment, if the property under transaction has already been used for a residence permit application, you need to obtain a specific document from the Decentralized Authority. That means that the authorities will be informed about the case and your Golden Visa as the main investor will be revoked. In order not to face a period without a valid residence permit, you have to coordinate with your lawyer and the related authorities regarding the switching issue of the already issued residence permits for you and your family members to the new ones.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    March 03, 2020

    Please be aware that the transfer of the property to a new owner if all documents are OK and it takes around one to two months. Regarding the Golden Visa process, in order for the application to be examined after the acquisition of the property by the new petitioners, now it takes around a year.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    February 29, 2020

    The transfer of your property under your son's name would take one day. Afterward, he needs to apply for a Greek Golden visa and include you as a parent. The application for the Greek Golden Visa as a process as usual.

  • Foutsis & Partners Law Firm
    February 28, 2020

    The transaction of the property will take around one month and registration at the land registration one to two depending on where the property is located. Then we arrange an appointment at the immigration office and the process takes 2 months until your son gets his residency.