Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I add my new wife to my Greek Golden Visa application?

I am a Greek residency permit holder. I participated in the Golden Visa program two years ago. I recently got married with a woman from my home country and I would like to know if it is possible to get her a Greek residency permit through my application. How would that work?

  • Varnavas Law Firm 1978
    May 26, 2020

    You can definitely include your wife in your Golden Visa residence permit (as long as she is your only spouse). You will have to provide certain documents to the Immigration Authorities (i.e. family status certificate) to prove your relationship to her, pay the relevant stamp duty and she will be added as your dependent in your Golden Visa residence permit. However, kindly note that her permit will also need to be renewed at the same time as yours will, that is in three years.

  • Dafni Siopi & Associates Law Firm
    August 16, 2018

    You can definitely issue a residency card for your wife. For this purpose, you will need to file an application for her and submit the documents from your country that prove your marriage (i.e., a marriage certificate legally validated). The residency permit of your wife will expire when your residency permit expires.

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    August 09, 2018

    Yes this is possible. You can add her. You need to prepare the kinship certificate, notarized and double certified (by the Greek consulate). Also, she needs to enter Greece and sign a POA.

  • Pavlopoulos Benetatos Pappas Law Firm
    August 10, 2018

    Subject that this new wife is the only wife: The spouse of the permit holder can receive a permit as well, even if the marriage took place later than the permit acquisition, as long as the equivalent marriage certificate is presented to the authorities. The spouse will receive a permit that will be valid for the same period of time as the husband, so in case the application of the spouse takes place in a later time, her permit will be valid for the same as the husband, i.e., not five full years but as long as the husband has left.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    August 10, 2018

    According to the provisions of Greek Immigration law in force, spouses of third-country nationals who have been admitted to Greece under the terms and requirements of a residency permit for property owners are considered family members and are also granted a permanent residency permit. So, your wife could apply for the residency permit as your family member, proving the existence of the marriage and the relationship with the property owner by issuing the related marriage certificate.