Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

What are the options for a New Zealand citizen to stay in Greece for more than a year?

I am a Greek citizen, my partner (not married) is a New Zealand citizen. We live in Australia and are moving to Greece in April to live and work. What are the options for my partner to be able to stay in Greece with me?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    January 18, 2020

    Family members of a Greek citizen are considered among other categories: the other spouse or partner with whom the Greek citizen has entered into a cohabitation agreement, provided that it took place either in Greece or in front of the Greek consular Authorities abroad. So your partner, after the conclusion of a cohabitation agreement as above, has the right to stay legally in Greece. Furthermore, a New Zealand citizen is not required to obtain a Schengen Visa to enter in Schengen area legally.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    January 18, 2020

    You have the option to proceed either with Golden Visa proceedings or with marital proceedings with a Greek citizen.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    January 16, 2020

    The easiest option is a Greek work permit for your partner. There are also several other options, such as a Greek Golden Visa.