Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

What can I do if I am having trouble getting permission to visit Greece for my Golden Visa application?

If I was denied a Schengen visa but need to visit Greece to start my Golden Visa application, what do you recommend I do? Can I accomplish certain things via the Greek embassy in my home country?

  • Dimitra Mella & Partners
    October 01, 2019

    Yes, you should contact the Greek embassy in your home country in order to see the cause of the problem and be informed what you can do to fix it. They will probably ask you to provide certain documents relating to your interest in a specific real estate property in Greece, your financial status, the appointment of a lawyer here in Greece, etc.

  • KMD Law Firm
    July 08, 2019

    If you have already a property, you can apply for a Schengen visa at the Greek embassy as owner-investor. If you do not have a property but you know which property you want to buy, you can sign a power of attorney to the Greek embassy and after the signature of the contract, apply for a Schengen visa as owner-investor.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    June 05, 2019

    The most compliant and legal sequence of actions regarding the procedure of Golden Visa is the following: The investor enters in Greece with a valid entry visa type C, implements the formalities, like tax number issuance, opening bank account upon submission the requested personal and financial data, chooses the property/ies and signs a power of attorney to a lawyer to implement the whole procedure. Later, he has to visit Greece again to submit his biometrics data in front of the competent authorities. The most banks ask for the physical presence of the client is to open a bank account. Of course, all the above described steps could be implemented through power of attorney, signed in the Greek consulate of your country, except the submission of your Golden Visa application and under the condition that the bank will accept to open a bank account on your name via POA. My personal opinion is to ask your consultants/lawyers to contact the Greek embassy regarding the denial of your Schengen visa and discuss about the potential way of recovery of this issue, if possible.

  • Kessari-Papadopoulos Law Office
    June 06, 2019

    It is obligatory to have a Schengen visa for entrance in Greece. So you must present to the Greek consulate all evidence of your intention to go to Greece and to invest in a real estate asking for a special visa for residency. A copy of your bank account, correspodence with a lawyer or a real estate agent in Greece, your civil status in your country will help a lot to your application for a visa.

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    June 05, 2019

    You can sign a POA to a Greek lawyer to the closest Greek embassy and buy the property.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    June 05, 2019

    In that case, I suggest you contact the embassy, as you need to have legal access when travelling to Greece as explained.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    June 05, 2019

    An attorney could help you obtaining a Greek Golden Visa through a real estate purchase. The application is submitted for an entry visa along with a letter to the consular office by the hired lawyer and a series of documents and certificates. The attorney will provide assistance in obtaining a tax ID and opening a Greek bank account in the name of the client for the purposes of the real estate purchase. A lawyer will undertake all aspects of the property purchase, including checks for burdens and liens on the property ensuring you get a clean title of ownership. The attorney will assist and supervise the drafting of the property sale agreement. Your representative lawyer will collect all certificates from the land registry, cadastral authorities, notaries and guide you through the final documents required for the permit. The attorney will submit all applications to the relevant authorities for the issuing of your resident permit. Finally, the lawyer will receive the five-year permit on your behalf. Every five years the attorney may submit a renewal application to the authorities on the basis you possess the property at the time of renewal.