Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

What is the amount needed to lease hotel accommodations or tourist residences for a Greek Golden Visa?

Is there a minimum amount set for this option of the Golden Visa program? In addition, if it must be 10 years of leasing, what kind of documentation is needed to prove it will be 10 years?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    September 02, 2019

    Beneficiaries of the right of entry and the permanent resident permit, which shall be renewed every five years, are also third-country citizens who have signed a lease agreement, for a minimum of 10 years, for hotel accommodations or furnished tourist residences in integrated tourist resorts according to article 8, paragraph 2 of Law 4002/2011 (Government Gazette 180 A'). This is provided the minimum cost of the lease is 250,000. In such a case the contract must require a single payment of the lease of 250,000 euros in advance for the equivalent of the 10-year leasing of the property and has to be registered in the competent land registry.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    August 28, 2019

    In case that hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in a combined tourist facility are leased for a period of at least 10 years, you need a copy of a notarian act concerning the lease. The above facility must be registered at the Greek National Tourism Organization (GNTO). It needs proof that the lease contract was properly registered at the local land registry and a certificate proving that medical or health expenses of the applicant will be covered.