Ask A Question  | Learn more about Portugal

Who can be considered dependents for Portuguese Golden Visa applications?

I am aware that direct family members, such as spouses and children, can be added to an application. However, how can I add my siblings, their children and my parents to my application? Do they have to do their own? What about in-laws and any children they have?

  • N-Advogados
    September 02, 2019

    According to our law, minor children dependents can be considered, as well as adopted children and/or adult unmarried children dependent on the couple or one of the spouses, who are attending and educational establishment regardless of the country where it is located. Yes, your spouse and children can be added to your application such as your parents/in-laws, as long as it is given proof that you are responsible for them. In relation to your siblings and nephews, I’m afraid that they will have to do their one, but there are a set of other possibilities for the application.

  • Passaporte Portugal
    September 03, 2019

    You can only include your underage children or 18 plus who financially depend on you. You may also include your parents if they depend on you financially as well. You need to prove it by showing your IRS declaration. For your siblings and their kids, there’s nothing you can do. They need to apply for a visa themselves.