Ask A Question  | Learn more about None

Are properties sold within families eligible for Greek Golden Visas?

My father bought a property in Athens several years ago that has been appraised for 300,000 euros. If he entitles me the home, can I use it for a Golden Visa? Do I have to buy it from him? Can he gift it to me? What kind of arrangement can be made?

  • Papalois & Associates Legal
    July 01, 2019

    Yes, you can. Your father needs to sell to you.

  • Penny Konitsioti
    July 01, 2019

    Regarding this procedure, you will need to buy the property you mentioned and transfer relevant funds to the owner's bank account.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    June 29, 2019

    Each property purchase of more than 250,000 euros, stated on the contract, entitles the third-country purchaser to be eligible for the permanent investor resident permit, irrespective of the relationship and status with the seller. If an immovable property is donated, the related acquisition title can be considered as a eligible one for resident permit application, but the value of the property taken into account is the objective (tax) value of the property, not the commercial one. You should also consider the case that your father has been granted a permanent resident permit with this property, because in this case there are some actions to be implemented in advance.

  • Right Target Estate
    June 29, 2019

    No, you must buy it and be able to prove that the funds have been transferred to a bank account in Greece.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    June 28, 2019

    You have to buy the property from your father for the minimum amount of money 250,000 euros and then use it for your application for a Greek Golden Visa.