Ask A Question  | Learn more about Japan

Can I travel to Japan now?

I hold a student visa to Japan. Due to COVID-19, I haven’t been able to travel to Japan from China, my home country, and attend school. My travel documents are about to expire. Recently I learned that Japan is planning to ease travel restrictions on Chinese nationals. Can I file a new application for travel documents now? Will the Japanese consulate accept and process my application?

  • Nakai Immigration Services LPC
    October 16, 2020

    Now some Japanese consular offices in China started accepting visa applications through registered visa agencies. You have to apply for a fresh entry visa by showing a Certificate of Eligibility, which can be submitted even after its expiration when you have a letter again from the school, mentioning that they are still waiting for your enrollment.