Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

How can I get my same-sex spouse a Golden Visa under my application?

I am a man and I have a legal marriage with another man. We are interested in the Greek Golden Visa program, but how can I add him to my application as a spouse? Does he have to be a dependent? How is this kind of thing arranged?

  • Penny Konitsioti
    August 14, 2019

    Please be aware that a dependent is considered a legally bounded spouse or wife as well as underage children. So in case you have a legal marriage, even with same-sex person, when you will apply for a Golden Visa you may include him/her as a dependent.

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    August 14, 2019

    According to a recent amendment to the Greek Immigration Law, the other spouse or partner with whom a third-country national has a cohabitation agreement concluded in Greece could be included in his/her application for Golden Visa as family member. Please take into account that the cohabitation agreement should be concluded in Greece in front of the competent authority which is a notary. The conditions for a valid cohabitation agreement are complete legal capacity of the parties is required for the conclusion of a partnership agreement. It is also a cohabitation agreement may not be concluded: if there is a marriage or cohabitation agreement; between blood relatives in a straight line unlimited and sideways to fourth grade, and between relatives in a straight line indefinitely; between the one who adopted and the one who was adopted.

  • KMD Law Firm
    August 14, 2019

    You can proceed. We need just an official translation of your marriage certificate.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    August 14, 2019

    Your marriage would not be considered legal in Greece. However. in the Greek Golden Visa program same-sex couples are considered as couples for one application.