Ask A Question  | Learn more about Japan

How can I obtain residency in Japan if I invest in a Japanese business?

I am a Chinese citizen. I have a very close Japanese friend whose business is in need of capital. I want to help him out by investing in his business, and I would like to know if I can gain residency through such an investment.

  • Nakai Immigration Services LPC
    February 07, 2020

    You may be able to obtain residency status in the Business Manager visa status when you intend to run the company in addition to a certain amount of investment into the business. In other words, you can not gain residency only by investment, as the actual activities to engage in operation or management of the business will be required to clarify at the time of filing an application to the immigration service bureau.