Ask A Question  | Learn more about Greece

What should I do if I lose my blue card before obtaining a Golden Visa in Greece?

While waiting for my Greek Golden visa application to be processed, I was traveling with the blue cared I obtained after submitting my application. Recently I accidentally lost it. How can I re-apply for one?

  • Energopiisi SA Investment Consulting Services
    March 11, 2020

    Since you lost your temporary residence permit, known as the blue card, you have to inform the relevant authorities accordingly and apply for a new one in the competent immigration office through your authorized representative lawyer. You have to proceed to this re-issuance in order to take your permanent one after issuance. Depending on where you lost it, you have to go either to a police station or the competent authority in your country to declare the incident and receive a certified copy of the registered event. If it takes place in your country, the above documents have to be verified by the Greek Consulate too. Afterward, your lawyer will submit the declaration above by asking the related new blue card issuance.

  • Foutsis & Partners Law Firm
    March 11, 2020

    You have to declare the loss at the police station and ask at the immigration office to reissue.

  • VV Legal
    March 10, 2020

    If you lost the blue paper, it is necessary to apply for a new one in the relevant immigration office in order to receive your residence card upon its issuance. The immigration office will request: the Power of Attorney to your lawyer - you have already assigned a lawyer to submit your initial application; a copy of your passport; four colored photos; you shall go to the police station or the relevant authority of your country to declare that you lost your blue paper. You will receive a certified copy of this declaration, which shall be certified by the Greek Consulate or get an apostille for countries signed the Hague Convention.

  • Stilianos Ch. Proestakis
    March 10, 2020

    The initial fee for a blue card is 300 euros, which is valid for two years. To renew, you need to pay 450 euros to get a new one that is valid for three years. If you need a replacement, no fees will be incurred. You can also apply for express issuance with no extra fees. The national law foresees that the maximum processing time for issuing a Blue Card in Greece is 90 days. You need a replacement right away.