Ask A Question  | Learn more about Japan

What type of visa does an intercompany transferee need to work in Japan?

Our company wants to launch a branch in Japan and send several executive members to Japan to oversee the process. What type of visa should they get? They will need to work in Japan and the launching process will probably take over one year.

  • Nakai Immigration Services LPC
    June 26, 2020

    Either an "Intra-company Transferee" visa or a "Business Manager" status is available for the executive members. A branch registration or forming a subsidiary company, and a physical office in Japan are required.