Ask A Question  | Learn more about Japan

How can I work as a freelancer and obtain an investor business manager visa of Japan?

I am a photographer in my home country and would like to live in Japan. Recently I heard that the rule of needing to hire two full-time employees does not apply to investor business manager visa applicants anymore provided that they invest 5 million yen as capital. Can I work as a freelance photographer and apply for this kind of visa if I have the required capital at my disposal?

  • Nakai Immigration Services LPC
    November 08, 2018

    Without hiring two full-time employees, you can apply for a business manager visa when you invest 5 million yen to form your company and have an office in Japan.

  • Administrative Scrivener Office Visaed80
    November 08, 2018

    To get the investor business manager visa, you should meet these conditions: You should own an office for running your business. Renting one is OK. You should have 5 million yen as capital (as your said in your mail) or you should hire two full-time employees in Japan. So if you want to live in Japan as a investor business manager visa holder, the process will be: to establish a company. You should have a proxy in Japan who can be your friend or relative or anyone you can trust, because when you establish the company you are required to transfer the 5 million capital to the proxy's bank account. To prepare the visa application documents will be a little complicated.